Tuesday 10 April 2012

Environment 1

Today I concentrated on completing designing the environment for my animation. This took some time with rendering time as I wanted to keep checking what the finished product looked like.

For the trees, I used the inbuilt foliage tool, that I experemented with in a previous post, within 3ds max and chose different types of tree.

For the grass I created a plane and made it brown to act as the dirt, I then used the hair and fur tool to create the grass. To use the hair and fur tool I selected my plane and went into the modify list and selected hair and fur. In general perameters I put the hair count up to 1000000, hair segments 7 and hair passes 1, the density is at 100, i changed the scale as I wanted to make the plane bigger. I changed the colour to green.

I then merged my launchpad into the environment, followed by the crash test dummy and the Da Vinci machine. When merging I ensured that I also merged the materials as when I tried the first time they didn't import and the models turned out grey.

I wanted there to be a crowd in my scene so I used the 3dsmax biped models like the ones that we used in an earlier tutorials. I placed them around using both male and female skeletons. I selected certain polygons and changed the colours to make them look like they are wearing clothes. For the moment they aren't doing much but in the animation I want them to be clapping and cheering when the arial screw takes flight.

No comments:

Post a Comment