Tuesday 20 March 2012

Reactor tool

In today's class we learned about the reactor tool. The first tutorial we did was a really simple concept of a block falling on a floor.

To begin I created two boxes, one large to act as the floor and one small to act as the falling object, I placed the smaller block above the floor and rotated it in order to give it a more interesting landing.

I then went to the animation menu and went to reactor > create object > rigid body collection; I then pressed add  and selected the different components in the scene. Now all the objects are affected by the reactor.

In the reactor menu I gave the object a mass and had a fiddle with the friction and the elasticity to see what different outcomes it gives.  



The second tutorial we did was to create a bowling alley using the same principles. After opening the rigid body collection, and adding the objects to the reactor, I gave the pins a mass of 10 and the bowling ball a mass of 20 I then used auto key and moved the bowling ball a little way down the alley, I also rotated the ball in order to make it look more realistic when the animation is finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment