Tuesday 14 February 2012

Helicopter sail and main supports

the next step for me in creating the Da Vinci helicopter is to create the sail and the main supports of the machine.

My first thought on how to create the sail was to use a tutorial we had done in onr of the earlier classes. I thought that I could use the loft tool to create a spring and manipulate it into the finished sail shape.

I tried with the circle path but I had no luck, I then used a rectangle and lofted that againt the helix. After a few tweaks in the deformation facility using scale to make the ends of the sail less flat and twist in order to flaten the sail out; I had a sail shape I was happy with.

The supports were just made will the cylinder tool and rotated and scaled to fit the model.

No comments:

Post a Comment