Tuesday 21 February 2012

Crash Test Dummy

The second model I have produced will be a 'crash test dummy', a humanoid shaped model with the intent to display how the people would have used the machine. I wanted to make the model quite simply, just primitive shapes put together in order to make the general humanoid shape.

To make the dummy I used a series of splines (rectangles and circles) and then used the bevel tool to give the shapes some dimetion, I also used the align and attatch tool in order to attatch the different pieces together.

This model was very difficult to create as I was experementing with tools that I haden't used before. The overall model I am quite happy with although I feel perhaps It could have looked a bit tidier if I had used these sorts of tools before.

Altogether though a good learning experience!

The material I applied to the dummy was hessian, as I believe that this would be the type of material used for the desired purpose.

Here is the finished product:

No comments:

Post a Comment