Tuesday 31 January 2012

Using the lathe tool

In this week's tutorial we learned how to extrude 2D objects in 3Ds max and also how to draw objects in Illustrator and import into max and use the lathe tool to create a 3D shape.

I'm really enjoying this module and learning how to use the software. Even though I've only been using the software for a week; I am beginning to learn the basic tools of the software and recognise the different selections.

Here is my first extrusion:


I then used the lathe tool to create a pawn chess piece and I also experimented with a few other shapes, my first trial was a pineapple but it didn't work out as it isnt symetrically round. I then tried a screwdriver which worked quite well.

Here's my pawn:

This is my failed pineapple:

And this is my screwdriver:

No comments:

Post a Comment